My wife and I just received this beautiful letter in the mail, handwritten. Needless to say, we are extremely touched:
July 5, 2009
Dear Michael + Deanna,
Thanks for your company on the pilgrimage. Most of all, thanks for the inspiration of Matthew Sean's footprints. I was very moved.
Now I must make a confession: I had the honor the morning we departed Rome to offer a private Mass in the grotto at the tomb of St. Peter. There, in the crevice with his bones, I dropped the pendant, placing Matthew Sean's footprints tenderly, so he may be close to the Prince of the Apostles and Keeper of the Keys. I hope you understand. Selfishly, I wanted to keep it, but thought this reverent gesture would mean more to you and the baby.
Everytime you see St. Peter's Basilica, know that your baby's footprints are there with Peter.
Love,
Timothy M. Dolan
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment